Saturday, December 31, 2011

Merry New Year!

It’s that time of the year again! Not making up lameass New Year resolutions that no one will follow, but looking at the past year and what it’s meant to me. It’s also been ages since I’ve written anything. Anyway, here it goes...

The past year has been full of new things. New people. New adventures!

I managed to graduate from that nonsensical college (I do miss it now though) and left behind probably the closest friends I’ll ever have. You five will always be my inspiration for whatever I do. Shru with her humour, Shree with her knowledge, Rekha and her wisdom, Pavi and her chirpiness, and Deni with her street smartness. Thank god for whatsapp and messaging! Rekha please get married soon! :P

I got into the best college for wildlife in India AND turned it down. Sometimes I wonder, ‘What was I thinking?. But when I look back, it was probably a smart decision. I wouldn’t have met so many people or done so many different things if I had gone.

I taught at a school for a while and met some awesome kids. Did some environmental stuff and went to a forest. Attended a conference and did loads of other things I’ve forgotten now. I interned in Bangalore for a month as well and met some fascinating people.

I met a person who’s changed me completely (for the better, I hope!). I’m not hug-phobic anymore ‘cause of you :P Here’s to last Kodai, all the ragging, gazillion texts and phone conversations that followed after, and to July 16th!:) <3

How could I forget Ultimate. This year has been full of practice sessions, throwing around on the beach, fighting to play on the ground, juice kadai kadalai! I still can’t believe we won Chennai Heat. The way in which we all came together, gave each and every game our best showed in the end! We did it and let’s do it again in Kodai!

Here’s to everyone in Stall7 (especially AP) for pushing me and making me get that MVP at Chennai Heat!

Here’s to HCUK and making Delhi an unforgettable experience. We braved those terrible rooms, the gooey food and the horrible dust in the air! :P And we won! Booyah. (I don’t think I’ll ever forget that guy who kept calling fouls and pissing us off!).

The last year has probably been one of the best in my life. I’ve learnt so much and have gained memories I’ll always cherish. Let’s hope the next year kicks this years ass and that we don’t die at the end of it. In AP’s words from last year, ‘Merry New Year’! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment